Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the chemistry research guide! This guide contains information and links to help you get started with chemistry research, organized according to the format and type of information needed. Please use the contact information on the right to get personalized help with chemistry-related questions.
The Library of Congress Classification System, which is the call number system utilized for locating and organizing library resources, breaks Chemistry down into primarily these areas:
- Q is General Science
- QD is Chemistry
- QD1-65 is General Chemistry (including Alchemy)
- QD71-142 is Analytical chemistry
- QD146-197 is Inorganic chemistry
- QD241-441 is Organic chemistry
- QD415-436 is Biochemistry
- QD450-801 is Physical and theoretical chemistry
- QD625-655 is Radiation chemistry
- QD701-731 is Photochemistry
- QD901-999 is Crystallography
Look at the Library of Congress Classification System Outline for more information.
More Research Help
Don't forget to visit the Chemistry Department Website for more information about Chemistry at Dickinson!
, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
, Computer Science
, Earth Sciences
, Environmental Science/Studies
, Library Tutorials
, Physics & Astronomy