Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Mathematics Research Guide
Image shared by Tom Brown under a Creative Commons license.
Welcome to the mathematics research guide! This guide contains information and links to help you get started with mathematics research, organized according to the format and type of information needed. Please use the contact information on the right to get personalized help with mathematics-related questions.
The Library of Congress Classification System, which is the call number system utilized for locating and organizing library resources, breaks Mathematics down into primarily these areas:
- QA1-939 Mathematics
- QA1-43 General
- QA47-59 Tables
- QA71-90 Instruments and machines
- QA75-76.95 Calculating machines
- QA75.5-76.95 Electronic computers. Computer science
- QA101-(145) Elementary mathematics. Arithmetic
- QA150-272.5 Algebra
- QA273-280 Probabilities. Mathematical statistics
- QA299.6-433 Analysis
- QA440-699 Geometry. Trigonometry. Topology
- QA801-939 Analytic mechanics
Look at the Library of Congress Classification System Outline for more information.
Related Research Guides
More Research Help