Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The library's reference collection is extensive and will contain many similar dictionaries and encyclopedies for hundreds of subject areas. An easy way to find additional reference works would be to do a SUBJECT search in the library catalog. For example, to find dictionaries and encyclopedias in Earth Sciences you could perform a subject search on GEOLOGY and DICTIONARIES.
When in doubt as to the proper subject heading try a KEYWORD search on your topic.
- Change your terminology (energy, fossil fuel, natural resources)
- Change your spelling (mineral, minerals, mineralogy)
- Click here for more tips on choosing search terms
The following reference works are only a small sample of the reference collection in the discipline of Earth Sciences:
- Credo Reference Good online source for locating basic information about particular energy resources--includes information from a variety of reference resources.
- Minerals yearbook (Electronic resource)
, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
, Computer Science
, Earth Sciences
, Environmental Science/Studies
, Library Tutorials
, Physics & Astronomy