The MediaStand operates like a standard PC and consists of 5 components: Monitor (TV Screen), keyboard, laptop, computer, and camera. This allows you to display websites and presentations for conferences and meetings and the camera allows you to connect through video conferencing services such as Skype or Google Voice.
Logon with your Dickinson username and password. If you get an error message make sure the yellow Ethernet cable is plugged in to wall jack D-83.
Once you are logged in, you can use the media stand like a normal PC.
1. The larger Sony remote can be used to turn
the TV on and off.
2. The smaller remote controls the Webcam atop
How to Operate Dell WebCam Central:
1. Open this program by clicking: Start >> All Programs >> Dell WebCam >> Dell WebCam Central
2. Take Photos by clicking “Snap Photos” in the top left corner.
3. Next, adjust camera on top of TV as needed. There are arrows for moving the camera up and down as well as right and left. Additionally, there are two buttons for zooming in and out in the middle of these directional buttons.
4. When in position, click the orange camera button in the middle of the screen.
5. To Record Videos, click “Record Videos” in the top left hand corner.
6. Similarly, press the orange camera button to record when you are ready. The time elapsed will be displayed to the left of this button.
7. Stop recording by pressing the orange button again.
8. To view photos or videos that have been captured, click the appropriate tab in the left hand corner and then the photo you would like to view underneath the viewing screen.
9. When finished, exit the program by clicking the “X” in the top right corner.
How to Operate Movie Maker:
1. Open this program by clicking: Start >> All Programs >> Movie Maker
2. To take a video, click on the webcam icon in the upper left hand corner.
3. Press the red record button to begin recording. Press the red X that says” Cancel” if you decide you do not want to record a video.
4. When you are finished recording, press the blue square that says “Stop.”
5. Save video.
6. You can make adjustments to your video using the various tools under the Animation, Visual Effects, and Project tabs.
7. Press the exit button to leave Movie Maker when you are finished with your video recording.